Each new Ride1UP electric bike comes with a limited manufacturer’s warranty for the original retail purchaser. This warranty provides each original retail purchaser of a Ride1UP e-bike with a warranty against manufacturer’s defects only.
Warranty claims only exist for initial faults that were already present at the time of handover. Ride1UP grants a 1-year guarantee for manufacturing defects only.
If your product is shipped to you and arrives damaged, please contact us directly by phone or e-mail within 3 working days from the date of delivery. Please note that any damage caused by shipping is not covered by any warranty, however a claim may be filed with the shipping company and we will work together to resolve damaged goods on arrival. Cosmetic defects to components don’t necessitate replacement or any refund, but for major aesthetic damage a credit may be issued, or replacement sent only if the item is functionally damaged after Ride1Up has been given the opportunity to repair any failed components back to working, like-new condition. We will not cover any damage caused when owner sets up their own shipping option including using a freight forwarding or similar service.
Ride1UP reserves the right to determine if the product has been operated in accordance with the products intended use and whether user error and or neglect is the cause for the product damage or failure. Ride1UP will require video and photographic submissions to review each warranty claim. If the issue is not clearly evident in the submitted photos, customer will be required to send additional video or photo that clearly shows issue or concern. If Ride1Up has determined that this claim is not covered under warranty and the customer is within the 30 return window, the customer is responsible for the return shipping costs which will deducted from the final refund amount.
If your product arrives with a defective component (e.g.: Controller, Display, Cadence or Torque Sensor, Battery and Motor) and reported within 3 working days from the delivery date, RIDE1UP will cover the component under our warranty policy listed below. Component replacements do not necessitate a full e-bike replacement or are eligible for a refund as long as RIDE1UP has been given the opportunity to repair any failed components back to working, like-new condition. If a component cannot be repaired, RIDE1UP will replace that failed component. Failure to properly complete additional adjustments does not necessitate an e-bike replacement or full refund.
Ride1UP reserves the right to use substitute parts, materials and equipment that meet equivalent value and Ride1UP’s quality standards as part of any warranty claim.
This warranty shall be effective only if all the following conditions are met:
- If the bike was purchased directly from Ride1up.com or one of our authorized retailers.
- If you are the original and first owner of the bike (warranty is not transferable)
- If the bike has followed all intended use purposes
- If the electronics have not been repaired or modified.
- Although professional assembly is not required, we suggest our bikes be assembled by a knowledge bike mechanic or professional. If any components are damaged as result of the customer incorrectly installing a component, the customer will be responsible for replacement and shipping costs. (eg: Crank arm damage, stripped bolts, damaged headset from improper assembly, etc)
- Rider and purchaser is 18 years of age or over and possesses the legal capacity and authority to purchase and ride an eBike.
- The bike is ridden only on paved roads and trails. Using the bike for any other purpose may result in serious injury.
- Maximum total weight of rider including any cargo is at all times below 275lbs.
The warranty applies only to customers purchasing in the contiguous United States. No other party other than Ride1UP may change the terms. This WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
- Normal wear and tear from use or exposure to the elements.
- Damage or failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident.
- Damage or failure from modification of any of the bikes systems.
- Damage or failure of any part of the electrical system resulting from improper storage or charging of the battery. Improper charging of the battery could cause serious external damage to persons or property.
- Installation of any 3rd party parts, accessories, or electrical components.
- Lost or damaged keys to the bike are not covered by warranty.
- If customer does not provide sufficient video or photographic evidence of the warranty claim.
- All warranties are void if used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use.
- Headset, hub, and wheel bearings
- Brake pads and brake rotors
- Freehub bodies and freewheels
- Handlebar grips, saddle covers and pedals
- Shift and brake cables, and housing
- Derailleurs, chains, belts, and cassettes
- Spokes and spoke nipples
- Tires and inner tubes
- Basket liners
How To Handle Warranty Claims
Ride1UP will cover labor and parts within the 30-day period after purchase. Our credit for labor is based on a standard fee schedule for bike repairs and could be higher or lower than the cost at your local bike shop. You must wait for us to ship warrantied component rather than replacing on your own. Please allow 1-3 weeks for shipping replacement components, if the component is in stock. In the rare occasion that a replacement component is not in stock, Ride1Up reserves the right to obtain the product from a third part vendor and will not be responsible for any potential shipping delays. It is the owner’s responsibility to immediately inspect your bike on receipt, within 3 days. Freight claims are time sensitive. To quickly resolve the issue the owner must send an email with a photo and/or video if appropriate to our Support Team using our Contact Us Page. We will make any necessary repairs to remedy the situation.
After 30-day free repair period Ride1UP will ship replacement parts within the year at no charge. The owner will be responsible for labor. Warranty parts will be shipped in the U.S. only at our cost. It will be necessary to send an email with a photo and or video as appropriate to our Support Team using our Contact Us Page, so we diagnose any issue.
Ride 1up reserves the right to make judgement determinations of proper use based on the evidence provided and may require additional photos and or videos of the item or issue in question.